Street-Smart Theft Defense By A Former Police Officer

If you or a loved one has been charged with theft, it's important to speak with a lawyer as soon as possible. The consequences of a theft conviction can affect your life for many years. It will appear on background checks for employers, landlords, schools and other organizations. Even a shoplifting conviction can exclude you from jobs, housing, financial aid and other kinds of opportunities.

At the law firm of Joseph M. Horn, Esq., I represent people in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania in all types of theft and property crime cases, including white collar crimes. My experience as a New Jersey police officer is invaluable as I read the police reports and review evidence. If the police violated your constitutional rights during the arrest or search, I can argue to get the evidence suppressed. Call me at 201-479-2858 or use my online form for a free, confidential evaluation of your case.

Put An Attorney And Former Police Officer On Your Side

Depending on the type and value of the property involved, you can be charged with misdemeanor or felony theft. If the offense included the threat or use of force or a weapon, you'll most likely be charged with a felony. Penalties for a felony theft can include multiyear prison sentences, steep fines and restitution to the victims.

I represent adults and juveniles accused of theft or property crimes, such as:

  • Shoplifting
  • Larceny
  • Fraud
  • Writing bad checks
  • Credit card theft
  • Auto theft and joyriding

I also defend people accused of burglary and robbery. These are very serious charges that require an experienced, aggressive defense. If you're convicted, you could be sent to prison for many years. I'll fight hard to keep you out of prison.

Contact Me Right Away For A Free Evaluation Of Your Case

Not every attorney takes theft crimes defense as seriously as I do. Please call me at 201-479-2858 or contact me online for a free initial consultation. I can meet with you at my Ridgefield Park office or by appointment in Mineola, Long Island, or in Belmar, New Jersey.